Saturday, October 20, 2012

Sweet Gifts & Thoughtful Visitors

half-eaten edible arrangement
Headmaster Steve Loy and friends from Rutgers Prep sent us an edidble arrangement while I was in the hospital. Thanks everyone! It looks like Ross and Bob really enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. Guess the photo was an after thought.







box of love from my sweet Bree
Bob told most people who asked about visiting me that it would be best to wait. I was just in so much pain and couldn't keep my eyes open. I can barely recall my good friend Allison Jones visiting on Friday night. I love the scripture that she wrote in the card she gave me:  We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our lives as well, because you had become so dear to us. 1 Thessalonians 2:8 Thanks Allie!


from the Beenes
Saturday morning my friend Lanetta Putnal stopped by. I think my eyes were crossing so much and I couldn't even speak enough to make sense, but I do appreciate it. Tommy and Connie Beene also visited on Saturday and I do know that Tommy and Bob were able to go have coffee while Connie got me through some waves of nausea and pain; so very thankful for them. connie brought me a really nice plant that I am going to try and keep alive.


Gordon Kienast also took the bus to come and visit and share some encouragement with me; I'm so grateful for his heart and love for people.

Sunday Tom and Karen Messina visited for awhile and I was doing much, much better by that time. Karen gave me a card with scriptures to encourage me on the Wednesday before surgery. I only rediscovered the card in my bible since coming home from the hospital and have read the scriptures a few times since.







From Wally
Wally Michelen also stopped by to encourage me and bring me these adorable Vera Bradley gifts.



stained glass  pumpkin




Kelly Shirley brought me a few supplies from the store and an adorable stained glass pumpkin to hang in the window.




From Sylvia




My friend Sylvia Bridges just stopped by yesterday with a bag of helpful gifts including lip balm and fluffy pink fleece pjs. *Love* And this adorable card:
*tender loving prayer













I have had so many friends and neighbors stopping by with meals and desserts and sitting to visit for awhile. We are so grateful for all the calls, emails, cards, visits. It's really helping us both to stay positive and encouraged to get through this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment