Friday, October 12, 2012

Only in the Kingdom !!!

Hey all ! Just got to the hospital. A woman also validating her parking at the front desk was more than willing to help me find the elevators since she was going to the same floor (hospital layouts can be so confusing!). On the way she told me all about her dad who she was visiting and also that she had brain surgery a few years back for a brain tumor so it was very encouraging for me to see her walking & talking & being so lively :) I shared my faith with her and gave her one of the Soul Wars invites for church :)

When I got to the hospital, mom was up and talking to dad and eating ice. She's been feeling nauseous and in a lot of pain but overall she's in good spirits and happy :) she's very adamant that I document her hospital stay and she loved hearing all of the comments from Facebook and the blog :)

While we were sitting there talking, one of the nurses walked in to help the man in the next bed and can you believe it - IT WAS A DISCIPLE !!! Ruxny is one of the nurses at RWJ and also a friend of mine from campus ministry at Rutgers !!! Can you believe it ?! You can't script this stuff !!! Just makes me so grateful for the Kingdom and for how God gives us those little things to let us know he's there and he cares :) so thankful Ruxny is working on the same floor where my mom is recovering :) I feel super grateful ! Thanks also for all the prayers and support

Much love !
Ross
Our friend Ruxny works on the Neuro floor
Only one chair & Ross had it so I needed Bob to spoon up

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Ross for the update. Jami, you don't even look like you've had surgery. Are you sure you aren't just kidding us about it? ;-)
    Love you honey,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me...I didn't feel too bad at that moment, but after that I had 3 days that were really rough.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Ross for keeping us up to date! Jami, you look great and Bob looks relieved! So happy that you are doing so great. I will see you when I get back but will be checking your blog. I sent Marie a message by Rachel and will keep her informed. She sent that she was so glad all went well.
    Love you so much! Your hair looks great, amen! Kelly S.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Wait 'til you see the photos I'm about to post. I had a couple of really rough days, but am starting to feel better now.

      Looking forward to seeing you!

      Delete
  3. Hey there! Been thinking and praying for you! Talked with Bree a bit this morning. Hope each day you feel better and better. We love you and are happy to see a smile on your beautiful face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Renie. Starting to feel better, but the weekend was pretty awful. Thanks for the prayers and encouraging Bree. She's been such an encouragement to me.

      Delete

Leave me a comment