Sunday, October 21, 2012

My Kids

Central Jersey Church of Christ 
Children's Ministry

 After just getting home on Monday afternoon there was a knock on the door Tuesday morning. My friend Kari Amendo dropped in to bring me a box filled with cards from our Children's Ministry. I was so, so surprised. The children from infants through Pre-Teens and teachers each made me a get well card. What a way to melt my heart. I never would have thought that someone would help them to do this for me. Of course Kari and my other friend Wally Michelen were the ones who thought this up and made it all happen. The cards are so sweet, from the babies whose teachers made their cute little pop-up frog card, the 2 year olds with a little crayon scribble inside, to all the drawings, well-wishes and more expressive cards that the PreTeens made. These are some of the sweet cards that cracked me up.

This makes me feel terrific!
glad Matthew knows what will make the difference
Love this positive outlook...I think I have to hold onto this saying
Cute, cute, cute...hope I will be able to do more stuff than cooking

As I have mentioned and of course many of you know, Bob and I have been the Coordinators for our Children's Ministry for the past 2 years. We love what we do to serve the church, parents, and children. Bob plays music as the children come to Sunday school class to greet them. He plays violin or guitar and has a basket of instruments that the children can just take to join in with him. He also lets them try his violin; the smiles on their faces show you how thrilled they are. Bob also goes to the classes and plays music for the children as they sing along, march or just listen; they love it and always want to know where Dr. Bob is if they don't immediately see him in the morning.
future violinist

We have about 40 teachers and safety team members that make up our Children's Ministry team each Sunday. We rotate the teachers every 4 months so that we have a new group of teachers each session.





 I help to organize these rotations, order new curriculum every 3 months and work with the teachers and children to meet whatever needs there are at the time. We really enjoy working with the children especially now that we are empty-nesters. We see the impact that Children's Ministry and the teachers had on our own children's lives and we have a conviction about how important it is. I hope I will recover quickly and get back to them.
PreTeen Class

Being welcomed back by all the children - so sweet

so adorable!

Baby's frog card


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment