Thursday, October 11, 2012

Mom is a Zipperhead !!!

Hey all !

Just leaving Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick (about 2pm) ... Been here since 6:45am and finally got to see mom !!! She went in for surgery probably around 9:00am and was done by 11/11:30am-ish but it sounds like she was in some considerable pain when she came to. My dad and I both got to go in an see her, one at a time, and she was able to respond and mumble a few words like "I love you" ... She's in A LOT of pain though. She told my dad "it felt like I died" :( ... I held her hand for a bit and told her she actually looked a lot better than I expected she might look for having been through brain surgery and she smiled a bit. Dad is still at the hospital and probably will be there the rest of the day And I will probably be back tomorrow afternoon once she has had a little bit of time to recover :-)

I'm so proud of my mom for her strength and her faith ... She is so strong! I am also so grateful for friends like Larry Craig and Tommy and Connie Beene. Days like today make me so thankful for the Kingdom. Words cannot express the gratitude I have for my brothers and sisters – only tears

Thank you everyone for your love and support for my family and for your prayers for my mom :-)

Ross

7 comments:

  1. Sooo happy to see this post and hear that it went well. We will be praying for her recovery! Thank you for the update.
    Karen Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are out and recovering. Your RPS friends are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all. Will especially pray that they can get her pain under control. We love you lots.
    Margaret Persing and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update Ross...I am glad to hear that Jami is recovering and pray that the pain ends soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so like Jami to bring gifts for others to her own surgery! It makes me want to cry and smile at the same time. We will keep on praying for all of you, especially Jami.
    Thank you for sharing this experience with us. We love you all so much!
    With much love, Darryl and Allie Jones, and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing Ross. Praying for your mom that her pain is managed well. Give her a hug for us. With lots of love. Joel and Renie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rhode and I are praying for you and your family, Jami. We will add your name to the prayer box at church (Nutley ALWC) which is prayed over one-by-one on Tuesday nights.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment