Friday, October 26, 2012

Rough Day - Delicious Dinner

It's been over two weeks now since my surgery. I feel like it's been about one week and like it's going to take much longer than I was hoping to get back to regular daily activities. I didn't sleep so well last night; it was more because of not really being tired because I didn't seem to need any additional pain medication in the night. I took one Oxycotin before bed and that was it. So I got up before 6 this morning for my coffee and decided that if I'm not in pain that I should go off the Oxycodon and maybe I could get back to normal.

Manami came over so she could borrow my computer and we had lunch together. Her computer is broken so she used my laptop while she was here and now she has been writing cover letters for job applications on her iPhone. I have my iPad also so I'm glad to let her use it.

By late afternoon I started feeling really horrible. I was quite nauseous with some abdominal pain, but still no pain at the surgery site. Really the back of my head/my incision felt really stiff and tight; it was uncomfortable, but not painful. I also had a couple of emotional moments just when I was saying that  I'm still not feeling well. At this point after talking to a couple people and reading online I realized that these are withdrawal symptoms from stopping the Oxycodon. I did cut down from 2 to 1 tablet and not taking at night. I didn't think it was a problem coming off the meds, but I was thinking of the pain not withdrawal. When Bob got home I was feeling so awful that I was just trying to sleep and couldn't even bear having the TV on.  We read a little about the symptoms of withdrawal and that you should slowly go off the medication. Bob cut one of the Oxycodon tabs in half for me to take and I started feeling better and was able to eat a delicious meal that my friend Christina Donahue made. So glad I could enjoy a delicious meal of Chicken Cacciatore...delicious is an understatement....now that was some amazing comfort food!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment