Tuesday, October 9, 2012

So much to explain

I'm getting ready....
Letting people know about my surgery, passing off Children's Ministry responsibilities, cleaning the house, shopping for what I can stock up on, doing my haircolor, pedicure and manicure. Reading and prayer are on the top of my to do list. Getting my haircut has not been a priority; I didn’t want to get an expensive haircut just to get my head shaved this week. I haven’t had a haircut since the middle of July so it’s getting rather shaggy. I’m thinking there will be all the more hair to cover my shaved Zipperhead. I had Ross take these before photos of me last week, before I refreshed my haircolor.

 
Get ready, because in a couple days I’m planning on posting my first Zipperhead photo. I’ve been looking at other Chiarians battle wound photos online and have been horrified by how their incision and staples look and the thought of having this on my head. Now I’m getting ready to share the horror….just in time for Halloween.

While surgery is a really big deal and I’m concerned about the pain, recovery, head shaving and scar that I am about to have, it all pales in comparison to the hope that I won’t have to live with the symptoms of Chiari.

There’s much that I am wondering:

·      Will my facial/head swelling, numbness and discomfort go away?
·      What about the constant burning pain in my thighs?
·      Will the numbness and nerve pain in my left arm and leg disappear?
·      What about the crushing pain in the base of my skull; I hope I won’t have to continue to endure these flare-ups any longer.
·      Will I be relieved of unrelenting muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders?
·      Will my Chiari have any further progression of symptoms?

I hope I’ll have answers to these questions in the near future.

I also don’t want to be a burden to Bob or cause him any undue stress. He has so much responsibility and his job is very intense. He is such an amazing, caring, and supportive husband, but I’ve been the one who has made it my job to serve and support him, to take the pressure off of him. I don't want him to have to take care of me when he has so many other responsibilities. I am so grateful for Bob and I know that regardless of whatever else he has on his plate that I'm what's important to him; he always makes that clear.

Our wedding invitation 1984

Hand written by me - before technology

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment