Wednesday, October 10, 2012

My bags are packed…I’m ready to go…

Oh babe I hate to go…

Who can start singing the song when you hear this phrase? I always sing this song when I’m packing. It’s usually under much more exciting circumstances than packing to go to the hospital for brain surgery…. like getting ready to go to Mexico or Hawaii with Bob. It may date you a bit if you know the song or the answers to the following…. do you know the title of the song? The artist who wrote it? What year it came out or what famous group made it popular?*

I designed this wall art because it reminded me of how we feel





In 28 years of marriage I’ve been separate from Bob only a handful of times overnight. We really don’t like being apart, but I know he’ll be at the hospital when I need him so we won’t exactly be away from each other.
My pretty things and snacks for my honey








Well my bags are packed and it’s nice that I can plan on what would be important to bring along…. and there’s not much that is that important. Mostly pretty, comfortable things are what are important; things that will bring comfort and cheer. I’m so happy to have the pretty Vera Bradley overnight bag that my friends at Rutgers Prep gave me for one of my retirement gifts; it’s just the right size and makes me so happy. So, I have some comfy button up pajamas, slippers and a robe all in my favorite colors. Other things I thought I’d need are vitamin C throat lozenges; Burt’s Bees lip balm, hand sanitizer, and my pillow. I’m so excited…. because I have a surprise for Bob, some of his favorite snacks and a card. He can share them with others who will be waiting at the hospital with him. I know he won’t be thinking about what he’s going to eat; he’d just wing it…I’m usually the one who thinks of all the details. Oh I also have gift certificates for Thomas Sweet so that when Ross and Manami come they can all walk down the street and have some delicious ice cream…maybe they’ll bring me some.

Tomorrow's my surgery and I think I’m set to go, but not all that excited to have that big incision. Dr. Tyagi says I'll be in ICU for a day and then probably 3 more days in the hospital. The hospital called and said I should be there at 5:30 now. So grateful for our good friends Tommy and Connie who will be there with Bob during the surgery. Ross says he'll be there to see me before the surgery. I'm feelin' the love from all of them. So grateful for all the calls, texts, emails from friends and family that have encouraged me so much.

Praying for a smooth, successful surgery, strength, a swift recovery, and sweet results.

The Lord is good,
    a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him
Nahum 1:7

*John Denver wrote Leaving on a Jet Plane in 1966; it was covered many times over the years, but was made famous by Peter, Paul and Mary in 1967. …”Oh Babe I Hate to Go” was the original title.

Wow! 850 views on my blog already....amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Of course you planned for Daddy! You think of everything : ) Love you so much! Spend this time resting and pampering yourself! I sent you a couple of things that will help you do that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment