Friday, November 16, 2012

Storm Damage means No Post-op Appointment

It's only superficial; a minor inconvenience
Tuesday, October 30th

Siding ripped off the side of our house


The day after Hurricane Sandy this is what we woke up to.  The siding starting flapping around and making a tremendous noise in the midst of the storm the night before. We were on the couch watching a movie on my iPad since the power went out early in the evening. We couldn't believe the sound the wind made, something like a roaring train.

This got me out the door to take a picture and visit with all the neighbors that were gathering on the corner. Many of my neighbors had no idea that I had surgery and they were quite surprised. I talked for about fifteen minutes before I had to go in to take a rest.



to my left - the tree that broke off our power lines


This is the view out our bedroom window across the street. The power pole snapped along with many others in the neighborhood and several transformers exploded as well. Our power was out for twelve days. Since we didn't have power it was a little hard to understand why PSE&G didn't come right away to make repairs. Little did we know that while our neighborhood had a great amount of damage there are many other areas with much more damage.



To my right another huge tree down


With all the big trees in our yard we were blessed to only have large branches down, but no trees. Our neighbor right next to us has a tree that could crush our house if it fell in our direction.

This was the day that I was suppose to go for my post-op appointment. I think I received a cancellation call about the appointment on Sunday night. We really didn't believe that the storm would be so bad. I did know that if there was flooding that I could have difficulty geting to New Brunswick for my appointment. I really should have scheduled my appointment for the previous week, but Dr. Tyagi only has office hours on Tuesday and while last week would have been a little early to get my staples out...this was a bit long to have them in. With the storm over I was trying to figure out how I could get the staples removed. They were becoming very irritating. Calls wouldn't go through to the doctor's office and I was just thinking that I'd have to wait for the following Tuesday to see Dr. Tyagi. Repeated calls through the week got no results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment