Saturday, November 17, 2012

So Thankful for The Church

A Big Day!

I was really looking forward to going back to church, seeing everyone, and expressing my gratitude for all of the support we've received over this past month. The church also hadn't met altogether for two weeks because of the storm so I knew there would be so much news and excitement to be together. We went early to help set up with The Children's Ministry, although it was enough for me for the day to just sit and visit with people. After the teacher's service I went ahead to the regular service instead of helping with the children as I usually do. It was so good to be there although very difficult to sit in one position. I was sitting toward the outside so Connie suggested that I turn my chair, which was such a great suggestion. I just turned completely sideways and continued to turn my chair as my neck would get tired in facing one direction for too long. I'm glad I'm not so concerned about how I appear or what people think of me. Of course this wore me out for the day, but it was a great day!

I also have so many other friends, family, and neighbors to thank, but this is my note of thanks when I returned to church on November 11th, one month after surgery. There's so much on my heart to express and words aren't even sufficient to share my gratitude.


Dear brothers and sisters,

Thank you so much for all of the prayers and the many ways you have supported us over the past month since my surgery! Bob and I are so grateful for the many meals, visits, calls, thoughtful gifts, help with Children's Ministry, and all of the many ways that you have prayed and shared your love and concern for us during this time. One thing you may not realize is that I received a box filled with Get Well cards from The Children's Ministry; one from each child...from Babies all the way through Preteens and their teachers. The children's words warmed my heart and brought me so much joy! We are so very grateful for our family here in The Central Jersey Church!

My recovery is going well, although it will take some time to fully recover and know how effective the surgery has been. As I keep saying...."brain surgery is no joke!" and recovery is a bit slower than I would like. Therefore, I would really appreciate your continued prayers for my complete recovery and freedom from symptoms.

We love and appreciate you very much!
Thank you!
Bob & Jami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment